Analyst, Engineering Applications Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Pratt & Whitney
East Hartford, CT 06118, US
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney? The Secure Computing organization has an opening for an Engineering Applications Analyst to support Engineering Applications across multiple systems.
The Engineering Application Analyst position works closely with customers and team members on application distribution, installation, configuration and testing. Responsible for engineering, physics and math applications, this position will grow from installation and configuration to functional application support.
This position may require approximately 10% after-hours duties on a monthly basis. Candidate ideally will have an active/transferrable US Government secret security clearance and must be a US citizen. Candidate of choice will be required to certify in industry standard Security (Security+ or better) and specific applications as needed by the organization.
- Install commercial and in-house Engineering applications in Windows and Linux
- Install and manage software licenses
- Provide basic user support on installed applications
- Create and maintain documentation for future installations
- Troubleshoot application issues by assessing interaction of multiple components such as software, network, data access, user environment, OS, licensing
- Provide backup support on Business Applications
- Resolve Application related help desk tickets
- Documentation and process development
- Application compliance activities
- You are a U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required) in any of the preferred fields
- At least 3+ years experience installing and configuring applications in Linux and Windows
- Obtain (within 6 months of hire) and maintain DoD-recognized cyber security baseline certifications such as CompTIA Security+
- Ability to obtain and maintain a USG Security Clearance
- Advance degrees preferred
- Existing US Government SECRET Security Clearance is a plus
- Security+ and/or Certified Information Systems Security Practitioner (CISSP/CASP)
- You have more than 3 years of experience and detailed knowledge of Engineering applications infrastructure and deployment on Windows and Linux systems
- Advanced user-level skills on Linux and Windows with some admin ability
- General knowledge of programming and scripting languages including Perl, Linux shell, and DOS
- Familiarity with license management software (FlexLM, RLM) is a plus
- High Performance Computing (HPC) knowledge or experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Engineering software like Ansys, Fluent, NX, Teamcenter is a plus
- Thorough understanding of multi-platform infrastructures
- Expert ability to analyse, investigate and find solutions while balancing multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Ability to document processes and communicate with customers
- Self-starter who can work independently, with a minimum supervision, is well organized, detail oriented and takes pride in the quality of their work
- You have an intense passion for learning and an ability to learn new programs, technologies and other skill sets as required
- Strong analytical, project management, problem-solving, interpersonal, leadership, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven effective utilization of Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) and a history of driving process improvements. Associate Certification is strongly preferred.
- You're a dynamic problem solver with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas
- Expert written and verbal communicator with good interpersonal ability
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and solid track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office and SAP
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military