Associate Director, Americas Payroll Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Farmington, CT 06032, US
Excellent opportunity for highly motivated individual to assume the Associate Director of Americas Payroll role within the Controller's organization. The organization offers opportunity for a motivated individual to be part of a growing accounting department and develop global processes to sustain flexibility as the business needs change. Job responsibilities subject to change based upon alignment of processes within the organization.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Process owner for Americas payroll operations
- Responsible for overall quality, efficiency and service delivery at the region and country level, ensuring SLAs are consistently met for Americas region
- Manages vendor relationships and all daily operations required to execute accurate and timely payroll services
- Works closely with third-party partner(s) to ensure project tasks are completed on time, escalating issues for resolution with options, risks, and impacts clearly documented and presented
- Provides direction and leadership and is responsible for cultivating an organization that promotes a culture of service excellence, execution, and continuous improvement
- Responsible for managing payroll transformation projects which enable the continual delivery of high quality and reliable payroll solutions. These projects will provide scalable, cost-effective platforms with standardized regional processes
- Delivers Payroll team's analytics & manages team productivity (e.g. reports, dashboards, service levels) implementing continuous improvement solutions and streamlining processes, identifying common people issues and partnering with appropriate HR business partners and COE's to implement improvements
- Manages payroll tax processes and all ancillary services under the responsibility of third party vendors (Tax credit programs, unemployment, garnishments etc.)
- Manages the delivery of payroll services and maintains strong knowledge of payroll best practices
- Provides support and guidance to Payroll Managers continually assessing workload requirements and team capacity
- Ensures the payroll team is properly trained, accountable and equipped with the tools needed to deliver results
- Builds, coaches, and directs a team of direct reports into a highly responsive team that meets the required published performance standards.
- Engages with senior management across a region to recommend process improvements or a new course of action for all payroll related activities
- Leads and directs the regional payroll operations team through promoting a regionally aligned and consistent approach to payroll delivery across all countries in the regions
- Responsible for the compliance, reporting and fiduciary oversight of payroll operations for a region
- Participates in development and maintenance of payroll accounting policies and procedures with proper internal controls as it relates to payroll management
- Oversees regional payroll team collaboration with touch points in Digital, HR, Benefits, AP and GL accounting teams and with key client touch points in the business units
- Ensures processes and supporting technologies are effective, efficient, and continuously improved including opportunities to automate using RPA
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, General Business, or related college degree is required
- Payroll and tax background a plus
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) and/or MBA a plus
- 10+ years of payroll operations, accounting, and team leadership experience
- Extensive experience leading a global payroll function required with strong knowledge of payroll best practices including outsourced payroll operations
- Effective leadership and staff development of large geographically dispersed payroll team
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to recruit, motivate, evaluate and retain top talent possess strong business acumen and run all aspects of the Payroll organization as a business
- Strong customer service orientation and must be proactive and solution focused with an ability to deal effectively with difficult interactions and tough issues
- Ability to both develop and deliver communications to senior executives
- Process design and reengineering experience
- Working knowledge of payroll tax
- Working knowledge of acquisitions and divestitures
- Experience with ADP payroll required
- Intermediate level skill in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military