Associate Director, Executive Compensation Governance Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418, US
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the design, development, and implementation of executive compensation programs and policies.
- Act as subject matter expert regarding emerging / evolving external market trends in executive and director compensation that impact the design and disclosure of executive programs, including corporate governance, legislative / regulatory landscape, proxy advisor policies, and investor issues.
- Support the review of executive and director program effectiveness, and modeling potential program changes.
- Ensure executive compensation program compliance with internal and external governance / regulatory / reporting requirements.
- Perform industry research and financial analyses related to compensation strategy and design, utilizing external peer data from surveys, proxy disclosures and other resources to determine market best practices.
- Collaborate on the development of materials for Carrier's Compensation Committee and manage the process and timeline for Committee meeting preparation.
- Work closely with Corporate Secretary's office on required regulatory filings, including managing and developing Carrier's annual proxy statement, leading development of compensation-specific elements such as the CD&A and proxy tables, and ensuring necessary documentation to support internal audit / review.
- Partner with Finance on the development and communication of financial performance measures as they relate to executive programs, and support ongoing monitoring / measurement.
- Collaborate with the Equity Programs lead on financial analysis of potential design changes, equity plan shareowner proposals, program communication, and associated reporting and compliance.
- Manage / direct the work of external vendors / consultants, as necessary.
- Serve as an executive compensation resource for Carrier's M&A due diligence and integration activities (i.e., equity compensation treatment, IRC 280G implications, design and development of retention programs, etc.).
- Support ongoing communication of Carrier's executive compensation programs and policies.
- Act as project manager for other special projects related to areas of responsibilities.
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related fields. MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of professional experience in the area of executive compensation and HR M&A.
- Executive compensation consulting experience / public company headquarters experience.
- Compensation benchmarking, job leveling, annual incentive and equity-based compensation plan design.
- Understanding equity accounting valuation mechanics (ASC 718).
- Knowledge of technical SEC proxy disclosure rules and M&A securities filing requirements.
- Other executive compensation-related regulations (i.e., 280G, 409A, etc.).
- Financial modeling and accounting principles.
- Expert-level skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word; familiarity with ISS, Equilar and S&P's CapIQ database.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, capacity to prioritize process and execution of multiple projects across numerous stakeholders, and a high-level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Deep technical understanding of corporate finance/accounting and securities filing requirements, as well as strong math / financial, analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate and work well with others.
- Integrity and ethics in handling of confidential Company information.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military