Associate Director, Global Category Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418, US
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Is your personality defined by positivity, responsibility, integrity, accountability, and respect culminating in a good work ethic?
Basic Function Manage all core global supply chain management and strategic sourcing activities for a key category, Control Boxes (~$142M in spend), across Carrier (~$17B revenue, 48 factories). Develop and implement key strategies, standards and plans for core category management as it applies to Carrier's strategic direction and business needs. Assess industry directions and standards, achieving maximum cost-effectiveness and flexibility across Carrier globally including facilitating key make vs buy decisions concerning the long term direction for this category. In addition this role will support company transformation for this category as part of separation from the parent company, UTC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leverage the supply base to meet the company's procurement requirements related to quality, delivery and cost while optimizing inventory and assets management.
- Design and implement a sourcing strategy that develops and builds long-term partnerships with critical suppliers across the globe.
- Negotiates and awards purchase orders/contract in support of new product launch and existing production requirements.
- Drives premier performance in terms of quality, cost and delivery for assigned commodities.
- Generates value, productivity, and achieve financial commitments through the execution of effective strategies in the supply chain.
- Handles and negotiates supply agreements in support of overall supply management goals and objectives.
- Responsible for new product introduction activities, including but not limited to, request for quote, materials readiness, and supply chain integrity.
- Responsible for supplier selection on a commodity/category basis and work with business unit category managers, factory buyers and purchasing managers to implement these sourcing decisions.
- Support global CCS overall cost reduction objectives by acting as CCS cost reduction lead - by leading specific projects to reduce costs and implement cost reduction strategy.
- Support company transformation initiatives
- BA/BS in Engineering or related field with 10+ years' experience.
- Prefer Master's Degree or MBA with 7+ years' experience.
- Understanding of corporate and global business environments.
- Professional presence and ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations and data requires an evaluation of intangible variables.
- Ability to exercise independent discernment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic environment.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military