Associate Director of Tax Accounting Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Farmington, CT 06032, US
Otis, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
Excellent opportunity for highly motivated individual to assume the Associate Director of Tax Accounting role within the Controller's organization. The organization offers opportunity for a motivated individual to be part of a growing accounting department and develop global processes to sustain flexibility as the business needs change. Job responsibilities subject to change based upon alignment of processes within the organization
Primary responsibilities include:
- Direct / prepare monthly book tax related journal entries for Corporate entities (domestic and foreign entities)
- Direct / prepare Financial Accounting and Controls deliverables, such as ARMS account reconciliations and quarterly Tax Account Roll Forwards for Corporate entities
- Coordinate the implementation of GAAP for tax related changes for Corporate entities
- Support Tax Department in preparation of Quarterly Tax Reporting deliverables, such as Effective Tax Rate Reforecasts / Tax Plans, and Estimated Tax Payment submittals for Corporate entities
- Support Tax Department in preparation of Annual Tax Reporting compliance deliverables, such as Tax Supplemental submittals, Corp Tax, and State Apportionment for Corporate entities
- Direct / prepare all Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) reporting requirements for Corporate entities
- Assist Tax Department with federal, international and state audits as assigned and as related to Corporate entities; This includes monitoring status, investigating issues, compiling support and drafting formal responses to notices and audit inquiries
- Remain informed with respect to tax law developments and impact on accounting
- B.S. in Accounting
- CPA or Masters of Taxation a plus
- 10+ years of related accounting experience
- Experience with Longview, JDE, and Hyperion Financial Management highly preferred
- Candidate should possess strong communication skills with the demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of Controller's Dept. and other staff and management
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military