Associate Engineer, Software Engineering-Nav, Developer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Pratt & Whitney
Aguadilla, PR 00603, US
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a new opportunity for a hardworking Software Developer.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
P&W has an opportunity for an Associate Engineer, Software Engineering that will be responsible for the following:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition .
- Ensures hardware and software standards are met
- Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use.
- May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use. May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards. Includes control modeling (model based design).
- Performs all aspects of software requirements decomposition, design, programming and integration / test assignments with supervision.
- Responsible for compliance with software standards and conventions.
- Support the designs and builds changes, extensions and improvements to existing application programs.
- Supports data migration, data conversion, data loading, and performance improvement.
- Follow operating instructions and compiles documentation of program development.
- Follow test plans to conducting functional and performance testing.
- Provides patches and upgrades to existing systems.
- Responsible for working with users with investigating operational problems/system requirements.
- Supports solving user inquiries that arise during day-to-day operation and documents system design changes and intensify complex problems.
- Attend and have participation in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using ACE tools.
- Support project management activities.
- Based on business needs, the incumbent may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Electrical, Software Engineering or Computer Science*.
*Bachelor in Computer Science needs to include 12-18 credits hours in mathematics, including differential and integral calculus and applied mathematics and 10-15 credit hours in natural science including physics is required.
- 3.0 GPA Required
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- English fluency (verbal and written)
- No experience required
- Good communication and presentation skills in English (verbal and written).
- Demonstrate knowledge on software development processes and methodologies
- Experience or coursework in at least one software language
- Experience or coursework in analysis, design and development of simple applications or portions of more complex applications for real time embedded systems.
- Ability to develop/modify programs based on functional specifications.
- Works on assigned tasks under direct to moderate supervision
- Strong teamwork skills
- Familiar with Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
- Proficiency in software development using Ada, C/C++, C#, or Jovial in an embedded real time system environment
- Familiar with Linux kernel development, Linux device drivers, or the creation of software applications using Qt
- Familiar with Agile software development, Information Assurance, and Software Assurance
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military