Building Automation Sales Representative Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Indianapolis, IN 46219, US
Automated Logic (ALC), a leading provider of innovative building automation systems, is a key part of the Carrier intelligent buildings portfolio. Together, we are committed to driving a future enabled by more intelligent and sustainable buildings. Through innovation and integration, we bring together technologies from across our brands to improve building efficiency and occupant experience.
At Automated Logic, we design and develop intuitive, intelligent, and comprehensive controls and interfaces to help drive smart decisions that optimize building performance. Our worldwide distribution network consists of company branches and independently owned dealers that design, engineer, install, and service Automated Logic systems. Built on a BACnet backbone, our WebCTRL platform, controls, and services integrate to provide custom solutions that meet our clients' energy and comfort objectives. Our building automation technology is installed in thousands of commercial buildings, facilities, and campuses worldwide. Our clients range from small, family-owned businesses to Fortune 500 corporations and world class institutions.
We are seeking an energetic, competitive, and motivated Sales professional to promote innovative turnkey HVAC control solutions for both current and new potential customers focused within the greater Indianapolis Metro area for our ALC-Midwest field/contracting business.
- Drive top line growth for the business by aggressively hunting and leveraging relationships across the market to position Automated Logic as the preferred provider of building automation solutions (BAS) focused on new installations - construction, retrofit, and design/build opportunities.
- Develop and expand long-term customer relationships with assigned accounts such as owners, developers, managers, consulting engineers, construction contractors, vendor partners, and subcontractors to ensure client satisfaction.
- With assigned owner accounts, ensure a preference for Automated Logic products, services and performance including custom assurance agreements and T and M work; With assigned consulting engineers, drive specifications towards ALC solutions; With assigned contractors, perform take-offs, budget, bid, and close opportunities with the full spectrum of ALC offerings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of our industry including HVAC, controls, mechanical, and electrical along with an aptitude for information technology, software, and networking for intelligent buildings.
- Utilize applicable Branch Operations sales tools effectively (CRM, estimating software, etc.) to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity including pipeline management, account planning, and opportunity planning.
- Collaborate, garner support, and communicate effectively with internal staff to deliver quality results and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Keep management informed of progress and account status.
- Represent ALC as a leader in local industry associations, participate in professional organizations and attend and present at trade shows.
- Achieve quarterly quotas and annual sales plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing, or a related discipline is required or commensurate direct automation industry experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of HVAC controls, automation, energy, sustainability, and/or equipment/device/contracting sales experience| Qualifications:
- Must be self-motivated to achieve annual and quarterly goals and objectives
- Ability to relate to people at all levels both on a technical and nontechnical basis - strong interpersonal skills and customer focus
- Knowledgeable in Building Automation, HVAC systems design, and Information Technology Commercial/Contracting Sales experience preferred
- Committed to integrity in business
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills, and attention to detail
- Possess valid state motor vehicle license, safe driving record, and willingness to travel regularly throughout the assigned territory (Greater Indianapolis Metro)
- Comprehensive knowledge of office productivity software and applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Chrome, iOS, Salesforce.com)
- Be team oriented and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military