Business Development Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Vergennes, VT 05491, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Are you a strategic thinker who can see beyond the now? Be part of a team that is developing the strategy and direction of one of the biggest players in the aerospace industry. The Strategy, Development & Communications team is a major influencer in the long-term vision of Collins Aerospace. Working together with teams across the company, we focus on strategic planning and analysis, internal and external communications, mergers and acquisitions and revenue synergies. Join a team that has its pulse on the future of aerospace and watch your career take flight.
This position is for a senior professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in Business Development, who generates reports, helps identify internal and external issues, monitors data collection, and utilizes business intelligence related tools. Scans the market for business opportunities and performs related analyses.
• Generates standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders to drive long-range strategy and partnership decisions.
• Helps identify internal and external strategic issues which could affect growth and profitability to support the development of near-term objectives and strategic plans for the corporation or a major division.
• Monitors the collection of business intelligence data from available industry reports, public information, field reports, or purchased sources to provide market insights.
• Monitors the external environment for financial growth opportunities.
• Utilizes business intelligence tools to identify or monitor current and potential customers.
• Scans environment for business opportunities, conducts market surveillance and performs financial analysis of acquisition candidates to support business development efforts.
• Responsible for establishing strategic business development initiatives that drive corporate growth through product expansion and alliances and leads customer relations management.
• Works with marketing, sales and technology groups to implement business development strategy into specific initiatives and to drive market segmentation initiatives.
• Consults with various legal and administrative personnel to ensure compliance with all product and business initiatives.
• Analyzes information and develops proposals.
• Conducts financial analyses of prospective business ventures.
• Prepares proposals and negotiates terms of non-M&A alliances.
• Manages industrial participation / 'off-sets'.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree and 7 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
<div style="text-align: justify;">Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us. </div>