Change Agent/Continuous Improvement Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Pratt & Whitney
East Hartford, CT 06118, US
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Military Engines (ME) Centers of Excellence is seeking an experienced Continuous Improvement Specialist to support Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) by driving Lean and Continuous Improvement across the Military Engines business. This position requires working closely with key stakeholders from both program and support teams, to ensure consistent use of tools combined with training and participation in events, leading to increased ACE competency for the entire ME population.
The CI Specialist will be instrumental in assisting the site in implementing process improvement methodology and affecting positive cultural change.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to think creatively to implement processes that exemplify the spirit of continuous improvement, while being tailored to the needs of the customer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serving as the subject matter expert on Lean, Six Sigma, CI and/or ACE methodologies.
• Support communication and training on the practical application of Lean and ACE principles.
• Working with ME ACE Council members to gather feedback and identify opportunities to improve processes relative to the program efficiency and effectiveness.
• Facilitate and/or support events to help improve core processes and sharing of lessons learned across the value stream.
• Prepare for, participate in and support ACE site certification assessments ensuring follow through and closure on all site action items.
• Development and reporting of ACE metrics ensuring tool usage, training and event participation across the site.
• Driving continuous improvement through the use of ACE Operating System and role modeling behavior.
• Prepare leadership status and other business reports. This position does not include direct employee management responsibilities.
Education: • BA/BS degree
• 5 years of professional work experience, with a minimum of 2 years of experience to include: leading and applying fundamental lean and CI tools to achieve tangible results, and hands-on experience in the application of ACE / Toyota Production System (TPS) methods and way of thinking or similar operating system rooted in a culture of continuous improvement and lean principles
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• ACE Associate or Practitioner certification.
• Lean and/or Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification.
• Experience supporting the development of Lean practitioners to create a strong foundation of continuous improvement.
• Understands and communicates "the voice of the customer" both externally and internally.
• Capable of influencing across a broad organization and gaining cooperation and action from others with proven team building skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written), work and relate with people at all levels of the organization, including excellent presentation skills.
• Aptitude to manage and maintain ME ACE SharePoint site. • Self-disciplined and have a positive attitude.
• Demonstrated competency working across business units and company cultures.
• Capable of facilitating training and providing subject matter expertise on ACE training materials to ensure a successful ACE Certification Program.
• Experience in developing and maintaining standard work.
• Organization/project management skills
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
<div style="text-align: justify;">Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us. </div>