Collections and Credit Associate Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Minneapolis, MN 55438, US
The Gas Suppression & POG group at UTC Climate, Controls & Security is dedicated to providing product and technology designed to protect people and property from the effects of fire and its related hazards. As the world's largest manufacturer of fire safety products, the Fire Safety Solutions group meets the safety needs of homes and businesses by providing fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, mechanical locking systems, fire alarm control panels, gas and flame detection, fire suppression systems and mass notification solutions. Notable brands within the group are Kidde, Firex, Badger, Vigilant, Fenwal, Det-Tronics, Fireye and Edwards.
Position Summary: Performs project account collections and reconciliations, review customer credit holds; facilitates issuance of performance bank guarantees along with supporting the credit function.
Major Job Functions: Project Accounts
- Responsible for ensuring timely collection of project accounts. This involves collaborating with the Project Manager/Project Assistant both on invoice collections and account reconciliations. Ensure projects with manual invoicing requirements are met and followed according the manual invoice procedure. Project account reconciliation which involves providing instruction to apply payments and credits on customer's account. Communicating with customers on payment status and account reconciliation.
- Credit Holds
- Analyze the list of orders on credit hold on a daily basis to determine what orders can be released from credit hold. Access the bank to review incoming payments to determine if orders can released from credit hold. Create proforma invoices as needed Respond to requests from the business regarding orders on credit hold.
- Performance Bank Guarantees
- Create the draft within the bank portal to have a Performance Bank Guarantee to be issued. Collaborate with sales to coordinate information needed to issue the Performance Bank Guarantee. Coordinate the process of getting internal approvals to have the Performance Bank Guarantees issued.
- Credit Support Assist in annual customer credit reviews by ordering credit reports on customers. Assist in the underwriting of new and existing customers. Provide backup support to the Credit Manager.
- General Finance
- Assist in other areas of the accounts receivable and collections as directed by Credit Manager Assist with special projects as needed by other members of the finance accounting team.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Must have excellent written and verbal skills, and an open attitude for continuous improvement. Ability to perform under stress and meet guidelines, to work cooperatively and respectfully with others, to work (when necessary) overtime and weekends, to come to work promptly and regularly, and the ability to take and follow orders is essential. Must be able to perform essential job functions safely and work within established company guidelines.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military