Commissioning Engineer (NORESCO) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Boulder, CO 80301, US
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer's individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We have an immediate need for a Commissioning Engineer in Boulder, CO
- Perform energy audits (ASHRAE Level 1 through investment grade), retro-commissioning and commissioning for clients in the commercial, industrial, and municipal/county government sectors
- Assist in the development of the commissioning and retro-commissioning check sheets and test protocols
- Execute new construction and existing building commissioning tasks in the field (issues database management, installation and functional testing, staff training, warranty reviews etc.)
- Review construction drawings and submittals and creating pre-functional checklists and functional performance testing criteria for MEP systems for commissioning projects
- Execute and interpret performance testing
- Assist with Energy Audits, Feasibility Studies, and Building Assessments
- Perform existing building assessments to take inventory of and analyze HVAC, water, and building envelope efficiency, and making recommendations based on impacts of energy, operational and environmental savings
- Perform energy savings calculations
- Write field reports, site inspection reports and summary letters for work performed
- Assist in the final development of reports
- Ensure customer/client satisfaction for tasks performed
- Provide technical, communication and leadership skills necessary to effectively present findings and corrective actions to the clientEducation / Certifications
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Facilities); Combined work experience in facility management and construction may be substituted for BS in engineering
- Certified Engineer-in-Training (EIT) is preferred Experience/Qualifications
- 2-5 Years' experience assisting or conducing services to include: Commissioning (Cx), Retro-Commissioning (RCx), Energy Assessments, Building Envelope Testing
- Expertise in building mechanical systems and state-of-the-art energy efficiency technologies/ applications
- Working knowledge of commercial/industrial HVAC components, systems and distribution and controls
- Working knowledge of electrical distribution systems
- Working knowledge of the Codes and Standards (Title 24) in California is desired, though not required
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G and IECC codes and standards
- Working knowledge of and experience with the architectural design process and all phases of design and construction from pre-design to construction administration
- Excellent communication skills -- oral, written, and presentation -- and proficiency with necessary supporting software (Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military