Communications Leadership Program (CLP) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
United Technologies Corp. Headquarters
Farmington, CT 06032, US
United Technologies Corp. (UTC; NYSC: UTX), headquartered in Farmington, Connecticut, is a global leader in aerospace technologies. Our aerospace businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems and Pratt & Whitney - are redefining the future of flight with next-generation aircraft engines and integrated systems and components. We are a company of 240,000 people, founded by some of the world's greatest inventors and committed to tackling some of society's biggest challenges.
UTC also operates a central research organization that pursues technologies for improving the performance, energy efficiency and cost of its products and processes.
UTC's Communications Leadership Program (CLP) is a two-year rotational program designed to challenge and develop each associate's potential through assignments in communications functions. CLP associates gain cross-functional experience through three eight-month assignments across the UTC enterprise designed to stretch their capabilities and enhance their learning. Through this program, associates have the opportunity to deliver real results in the areas of social and digital media, public relations, marketing, internal communications, sustainability and corporate responsibility.
This program is an important source of early career communications talent for UTC. Through accelerated work assignments and training activities, associates will enhance and grow their skill sets while they receive leadership development opportunities and mentoring from UTC communications leaders, executives and current CLP associates and CLP alumni.
The CLP recruits candidates that are self-starters, demonstrate leadership ability, have a strong academic record, and look for opportunities in each assignment. Ideal candidates have a strong desire to pursue a career in communications, and have aspirations to advance as leaders at UTC. Candidates must be geographically mobile and willing to complete rotations in various UTC locations throughout the United States.
Participants will work at three of UTC's dynamic businesses and operations:
- Pratt & Whitney
- Collins Aerospace
- UTC Corporate Headquarters
- United Technologies Research Center
- United Technologies Digital
Rotational assignments are designed to expose CLP associates to foundational experiences with assignments that may include functional support in the following areas:
- Public and media relations
- Social and digital media
- Internal/executive communications
- Sustainability/corporate responsibility
- Marketing and advertising
- External content development and strategy
- Internal collateral development
- Event coordination and management
- Social media monitoring and analytics
- Writing and storytelling with media placement outcome
- Digital content creation
Currently seeking college or graduate students graduating in December 2019 or May 2020 to join the June 2020 Communications Leadership Program cohort.
Selection for the Communications Leadership Program will be based on the following minimum criteria:
- 0 to 2 years of professional experience
- Strong commitment and interest in a career in communications
- Be pursuing or have a Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations or another related field with a minimum 3.2 GPA
- Relevant internships or co-op experiences within the Communications or Marketing function
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with social media management platforms, graphics or video editing software, web content management systems, social and web analytic tools
- Be a proactive and results driven individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be a highly motivated team player
- Flexibility and mobility to travel/live anywhere in the US and possibly abroad
- Have permanent, unrestricted work authorization in the U.S.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
<div style="text-align: justify;">Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us. </div>