Compliance Associate - Customer Property Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Westford, MA 01886, US
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
This position offers a variety of responsibilities which allows you the opportunity to interface with personnel in each of the functional areas within the operation.
- Responsible for compliance to contract requirements, regulations and UTC/Collins/Site policies and procedures for managing customer property.
- Support various Property Management Outcomes, including but not limited to: Acquisition, Receipt, Receiving and Identification, Relief of Stewardship, Records, Utilization, Physical Inventory, Maintenance, Closeout and Subcontractor Control.
- Physically tag accountable property upon receipt and create records in property database.
- Analyze acquisition documentation to ensure all pertinent data is available to accurately record required data fields such as part number, description, model, manufacturer, serial number, purchase order, acquisition value, accountable department, contract code, property type, user, location, etc.
- Update official property records to reflect inventory, movement and relief of stewardship through shipment, transfer, loss, disposal, etc.
- Perform annual property self-assessments utilizing standard processes; support third party audits and drive corrective actions identified in the audit process.
- Assist in the performance of annual Subcontractor assessments.
- Perform routine physical inventories of property located on site and at remote locations.
- Provide accurate and timely property status reports and metrics for internal and external customers.
- Manage the customer property storerooms, including tracking of materials and property received and issued between the storeroom and the Operations Work Centers
- Actively participate in daily Tier meetings to address property issues.
- Coordinate the disposal of surplus or obsolete material and equipment.
- Review procedures to provide suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements, and support EH&S efforts to improve practices
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- AA/AS degree w/5-10+ years experience;
- BA/BS degree w/2-5+ years experience;
- In Lieu of education - 10 years experience in this type position.
- Understanding of government regulations, including the life cycle of property management (acquisition through final disposition).
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DFARS property regulations, is preferred.
- NPMA Certification (CPPS) preferred.
- Inventory control and record-keeping skills preferable.
- Familiarity with PIEE and PCARSS a plus.
- Experience with SAP, SharePoint and the Microsoft Office Suite a plus.
- Greenbelt certification preferred.
- Travel - Up to 10%
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military