Contracts Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Uniontown, OH 44685, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don't just get people from point A to point B. We're committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we're helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we're changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?The nature of our global business is complex and we are part of one of the fastest growing industries on the planet. Our success relies on the Office of the General Counsel to help us get the job done. As a valued partner, the Office of the General Counsel plays an integral role in the Collins Aerospace technologies becoming a reality in space, in the air, or on the ground. The team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our collective world class team's inventive ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
This position leads team of intermediate to experienced professionals in Contracts, advising the team on issues concerning contract matters. Oversees the preparation of bids, process specifications, and progress reports. Trains employees and advises leadership of contractual rights and obligations to protect business interests. Responsible for and implements improvements to department processes to ensure effectiveness of the Contracts team.
- Analyzes unique proposal requirements, special provisions and terms and conditions to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and company policies and procedures
- Reviews request for proposal contract terms and risks, and develops proactive mitigation strategies for proposal submittals
- Liaises within the segment, as required, for high risk contract terms and required proposal and contract approvals in compliance with the Delegation of Authority
- Implements Segment proposal policies and process improvements, and understands procedures to manage the risks and liabilities during the bid process
- Manages all commercial and government contracts in accordance with company policies, specifications, good business practices and legal requirements
- Actively participates in contract reviews by reviewing contract terms and risks, and assisting in developing mitigation strategies to ensure compliance with the contract requirements
- Assists with the preparation of routine agreements such as nondisclosure agreements, contract amendments and contract extensions
- Participates in contract negotiations, as required
- Manages contract administration staff and provides guidance on contract issues
- Administers licensing agreements, including submittal of required royalty reports, interfaces with ITC as to export/import compliance issues, engages with Risk Management as to customer insurance requirements, coordinates with Treasury as to letters of credits, bank guarantees and performance bonds, interfaces with IT as to customer information security requirements and coordinates all required responses to customer equal opportunity and offset requirements
- Provides advice to management on contract matters that may have significantly adverse legal implications (i.e., contracts with non-standard or potentially high risk terms/conditions); provides guidance on contract matters to Sales & Marketing, Program Management, Aftermarket and Product Support personnel, and other operational staff
- Advises management of contractual rights, obligations and risks; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information
- Remain actively engaged with Sales & Marketing and Program teams. Develop strong interfaces with Sales & Marketing staff in other functional areas and maintain close contact with appropriate levels of management as necessary to be effective
- Takes the lead in resolving contract issues internally and with external customers
- Ensures appropriate internal approvals and signature authorities are followed in the contract review and approval process.
- Coordinates flow down of terms and conditions with all functional departments Including Sales & Marketing Program Management, Engineering, Product Support, Finance, Quality, Aftermarket and Manufacturing, as required
- Prepares and coordinates business correspondence; and maintains accurate and complete contract files, and records for the company in accordance with policies and procedures
- Ensures contract management activities are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, and customer requirements
- Maintains contractual records and documentation and control of all contract correspondence in the contract management system
- Ensures communications are maintained for timely contract execution by the parties
- Ensures final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of contracting principles and all contract types, including commercial contracts
- Excellent contract drafting skills and demonstrated experience in contract negotiation
- Sound understanding of commercial contracts, business agreements and general business practices
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 3 years of prior relevant experience
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) or MBA a plus
- Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM)
- Ability to manage multiple work assignments and meet critical deadlines
- High integrity and an unyielding commitment to compliance
- Must have the ability to make sound business judgments, handle multiple contractual activities with a short turn-around time, and work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to handle sensitive situations tactfully yet firmly, to be assertive without being adversarial and to take unpopular positions when necessary while maintaining trust and credibility
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint a plus
- Strong business acumen, problem solving abilities, and good judgment
- Excellent oral/written communication, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with all levels of management and customers
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military