Coord, Admin Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
URBANDALE, IA 50322, US
The Des Moines, Iowa branch of Otis Elevator Company is searching for a qualified Project Coordinator. This person will also support the Nebraska and South Dakota offices. The successful candidate must be an ambitious, self-reliant, and focused individual to perform a wide range of functions that require excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
The fundamental responsibilities will include:
- Support the modernization and construction departments, including but not limited to: billing, permits, material order follow up, data entry, confirming payment status, handling all re-inspections/fees. A small amount of travel to jobsites with the Superintendents may be required.
- Communicate with and coordinate field employees, as needed
- Coordinate with the State to submit and secure permits for sold work, as needed
- Coordinate and facilitate all FSS related matters (i.e. VPO's and Large PO's)
- Assist Account Managers with pulling contracts/invoices, creating budget planners and data entry
- Accounts payable
- Ordering office supplies
- Logging and mailing checks
- Sort/distribute incoming mail
- Setting up new vendors in the system
- Filing and departmental organization
- Provide administrative support to branch sales and operations staff
High School diploma require. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Outlook, Excel, and aptitude to learn company-specific software (LINX, mainframe, JDE).
The ideal candidate will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, be detailed oriented, and organized. Would possess skills and experiences related to the elevator industry, construction trades or property management. Demonstrated proficiency in planning, organizing, prioritizing and multi-tasking is required. Must be able to manage workflow efficiently, be self-reliant, show initiative, good judgment, be a team player and have the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military