Cost Improvement Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cedar Rapids, IA 52498-0505, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Responsible for leading a team that coordinates, tracks and identifies cost reduction opportunities across Avionics including direct and indirect supply chain spend, Value Engineering (VE), New Product Introduction (NPI), advanced manufacturing processes, productivity & quality improvement and platform costs and ensure the business achieves an optimal cost reduction aligned with the strategic needs of Avionics and Collins Aerospace. Identification of viable projects and options to reduce cost, develop tactical and strategic plans, prepare financial models, detailed end-to-end project planning, and support execution of approved projects globally. Manage multiple integrated and interdependent projects of varying size and scope, and engage with the project teams to ensure successful project execution. Interacts closely with various internal stakeholders, including Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Engineering, Finance, Business Leadership and Collins Aerospace global teams.
- Collaborate with Avionics and Collins Aerospace supply chain, engineering, operations and finance to drive cost reduction that is aligned to overall strategy to achieve a cost optimization and meets Avionics and Collins Aerospace global business needs.
- Team with supply chain to understand and track direct and indirect supply chain savings
- Coordinate with the NPI team to track and align all cost targets are being achieved.
- Work with Advanced Manufacturing, engineering and operations to define project scope, implement and expected results including cost savings, square footage, site impact, and performance improvements. Track all projects schedule, projects costs and savings.
- Work with operations and quality to track manufacturing costs and improvement projects.
- Perform financial analysis for tactical and strategic projects and initiatives to assist in overall project prioritization decisions and provide recommendations with regards to project sequencing across Avionics.
- Define Avionics support needs for each project and implement governance in support of each project that connects operations strategy, Avionics leadership and execution teams.
- Executive level communication and presentation skills and experience
- Demonstrated competency in working within a highly matrixed, team environment
- Ability to dive into the detail and be hands on to bridge gaps where the teams need assistance
- Solid understanding of manufacturing engineering, operations, new product introduction and advanced manufacturing
- Proficient in Project Management tools (i.e., MS Project) or similar project tool (s)
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Experience in value engineering process and/or use of multi-step phase gate project management approach
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through influence in a cross functional engagement
- Ability to remain self-driven and highly motivated in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interface with technical and business experts
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. both external and internal)
- Demonstrated ability to perform financial analysis utilizing business acumen to provide viable recommendations regarding transition strategies to business and operations leadership preferred
- Ability to prioritize, delegate work, manage multiple projects within budget, and perform as a productive team leader and individual contributor
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience. US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required.
- 4 year degree in business, engineering or operations
- 10 years of engineering or operations experience
- Operations/Supply Chain experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military