Customer Service Representative - Staff Tech. Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aftermarket & Service
Fairfield, CA 94533, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Role Overview
This position is for a staff Customer Service technician who is under moderate supervision. Responsible for reviewing customers' names, addresses, and billing information, product numbers, and specifications of items to be purchased, and ensures this information entered on order forms is accurate. Answers moderately complex customer inquires on product availability, maintenance, and the status of orders. Relies on moderate experience and judgment to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Works under moderate supervision to provide satisfactory and quality customer service.
• Reviews customers' names, addresses, and billing information, product numbers, and specifications of items to be purchased, and ensures this information entered on order forms is accurate.
• Answers moderately complex customer inquires on product availability, maintenance, and the status of orders.
• Resolve moderately complex customers' service or billing complaints.
• Maintains and audits records of customer interactions or transactions.
• Performs duties related to overall customer service.
• Provides support to sales team with regard to customer concerns.
• Coordinates with sales reps to identify inside sales opportunities.
• Serves as customer interface on product status and delivery.
• May manage or work in call center for customer support.
• Maintains knowledge of UTC organization and products to provide the appropriate information and support to customers.
• Consistently documents customer service needs to identify patterns and maintain quality.
Candidates for this role should possess a AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military