Customer Service Specialist, Technical Advisor Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aftermarket & Service
Vergennes, VT 05491, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Acting as the primary point of contact in the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul department handling top-tier accounts, this key individual contributor leverages their technical skills, problem solving aptitude and drive for customer-oriented success within our organization.
In this technically savvy role, you will work side by side with all facets of our business - leadership, operations, engineering and quality - to ensure we're meeting our business objectives and providing world class customer service. You'll also be assigned strategic accounts with customers who rely on you to help them navigate a multitude of challenges.
If you are looking to make an impact with your customer service and technical skills - as part of the growing aerospace and defense industry - this could be your next (or last!) stop in your career.
Come grow with us!
- Resolves, in real time, inquiries, complaints and requests from high profile Military and Commercial customers.
- Implements rigorous prioritization skills in the face of competing demands.
- Continuously adapts to and effectively utilizes various internal computer applications.
- Maintains strong, open communication with co-workers, supervisor and manager.
- Is mindful of and adheres to procedures, policies and regulations.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Highly productive and able to assess and execute next steps with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Solves problems by gathering information and evaluating options.
- Develops strong relationships with customer base and key stakeholders.
- Works closely with the manufacturing and operations team to validate work performed, provide warranty disposition and appropriately quote assigned customers.
- Consistently and accurately documents order information in the account management system (SAP) as part of auditing and claim process.
- Embodies bias for action and proactively manages workload through anticipating customer needs.
- Deescalates customer driven concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Desires to work and excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success.
- Excellent communication skills; responds well to questions; writes clearly and informatively.
- Provides customer-informed solution-oriented responses. Self-motivated, detail-oriented and well organized.
- Provides informed, solution-oriented responses.
- Distills technical details in an easy-to-understand, step-by-step manner
- Prioritizes tasks and changes direction or adjusts approach in response to a rapidly changing environment.
- Works under moderate supervision to provide high quality value-added customer service.
- Audits all documentation related to customer orders to ensure all information is both complete and accurate, including: customers' names, addresses, and billing information, part numbers, and specifications.
- Answers complex customer inquiries including: product availability, part interchangeability, and status of orders.
- Resolves complex customers' service or billing complaints.
- Maintains and audits records of customer interactions or transactions.
- Supports customer visits and leads conference calls: presenting as required.
- Understands and adheres to all contractual requirements and flowdowns.
- Maintains knowledge of Collins organization and products to provide the appropriate information and support to customers.
- Consistently predicts and documents customer service needs to identify patterns and maintain quality.
- Possesses superior organizational tactics in immediate, short and long term planning situations.
- Predisposed to continuous learning. Absorbs and retains new information quickly.
- Driven to innovate and improve processes.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by management (e.g. invoicing, A/R, billing reviews, providing revised certs and other paperwork, collecting ACE turn-backs, collecting usage fees, concessions, new customer set up, scrubbing data for accuracy).
- Associate's Degree or equivalent related experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Candidates for this role should possess an AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- Employees with success in this role typically have a combination of technical background and or account management with a 2 year or 4 year degree.
- Prior customer service and/or troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred (minimum of 12 months).
- Requires a sharp and analytical mind that can solve complex problems, develop strong relationships, and serve as part of a high-energy team.
- Keen ability to learn technical jargon and acronyms (both orally and written)
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military