Earned Value Program Scheduler Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Windsor Locks, CT 06096, US
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
If you want to help make our world a safer place - in space, in the air, on the ground, in the sea - the ISR & Space Systems team may be the place for you. Every day we support critical missions of warfighters and astronauts with cutting-edge vision, reconnaissance and life-support systems. Our mission is their success.
As a PROGRAM SCHEDULE ASSOCIATE, you will have the opportunity to learn what it takes to turn an idea into reality by developing a plan/road map of key milestones and processes to drive on-time delivery. This position offers the opportunity to work with the program management office to manage scopes of work, providing recommendations to the team, helping to drive/monitor various scopes of work through their life cycle, and working side by side with the different functional organizations to meet customer milestones. As a PROGRAM SCHEDULE ASSOCIATE, you will help support the creation of program schedules using Microsoft Project. You will have the opportunity to develop the skills & knowledge necessary to become a key contributor to the overall program office and the success of the organization.
- Collaborate with Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leads to develop and manage multiple schedules and work with various departments to ensure estimated project budgets and durations are accurate.
Ensure timely baseline /scheduling requirements are accomplished
- Work closely with technical leads to ensure schedules and costs are accurate and comprehensive, and include milestones, deliverables, dependencies, predecessors, successors, lag time, and all other pertinent MS Project data.
- Ensure the accuracy of project planning data that is used in the execution of projects, resource planning, and sales forecasting is up to date and accurate.
- Monitor and measure project progress, identify and work program-wide issues, and provide support to Program Management with respect to cost, schedule, and deliverables.
- Generate reports showing project status, to include critical path analysis.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience with Bachelors Degree
- Experience in applying and interpreting integrated cost/schedule and critical path methodologies
- Demonstrated understanding of earned-value management principles and their application to complex projects.
- Experience using MS Project to monitor large projects.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Applications (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience working on DoD programs with Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR) requirements.
- Experience in creating Work Breakdown Structures (WBS).
- Understanding of systems/project engineering concepts and practices
- Experience running scheduler risk analysis and schedule health checks.
- Understanding of system engineering or production practices.
- Detail Oriented.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Due to projects/programs candidate must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a DoD Clearance
- Strong problem solving / analytical skills, as well as strategic thinking skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Understanding of how to prioritize workloads and daily duties
- Strong attention to detail
- Java Script, SQL, Database reporting, SharePoint knowledge a plus but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server a Plus
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
<div style="text-align: justify;">Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us. </div>