Electrical and Electronics Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Rockford, IL 61125, US
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This position established Electrical and Electronics professional who troubleshoots technical and electrical device problems, operates engineering software and equipment, and confers with stakeholders regarding engineering projects.
- Analyzes equipment and conducts experimental tests to establish operating data.
- Performs engineering duties including manufacturing planning and the installation, operation, and maintenance of electrical apparatus to ensure that projects are completed on-time and as per the defined goals.
- Determines material and equipment needs and orders supplies to ensure sufficient resources for project completion.
- Develops or performs operational, maintenance, or testing procedures for electronic products, components, equipment, or systems to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of engineering processes.
- Manage activities for the manufacture, construction, installation, maintenance, operation, or modification of electronic equipment, products, or systems to ensure smooth operations.
- Prepares, reviews or maintains maintenance schedules, design documentation, or operational reports and charts to ensure that progress and performance can be tracked.
- Resolves day-to-day technical problems on the production lines to minimize disruption.
- Troubleshoots electrical device problems to ensure that issues are resolved efficiently.
- Designs, fabricates, modifies, and evaluates electronic apparatus, components, or circuitry for use in other equipment and devices.
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
- Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means.
- Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
- Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms.
- Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, radio communications, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and television systems.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military