Electrical Project Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Windsor Locks, CT 06096, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
The Electrical Project Engineer is an established Project Engineering professional. The Project Engineer conducts engineering activities which further the success of overall project objectives. The Engineer gathers data, and prepares, analyzes, maintains and presents plans and progress reports to monitor project progress. Escalates problems as needed and completes project tasks.
- Prepares and maintains project plans, budgets, and staffing requirements to ensure that all action item lists are completed and project quality expectations are met.
- Estimates costs, resources, and time required to complete projects to ensure business targets are met.
- Gathers and analyzes data to monitor projects' progress in terms of cost, schedule and technical specifications to facilitate operations and ensure that established objectives and budgets are achieved.
- Prepares and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s) to ensure that established targets are met.
- Identifies and escalates project problems and supports resolutions to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Manage project assignments with the various functional organizations to ensure alignment with overall project objectives.
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
- Oversees and coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
- Liaises between project management and planning, project teams, and line management.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Reviews project and budget status, manages schedules and prepares reports.
- Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Represents UTC as the primary customer contact for projects.
- Directs the work of employees assigned on projects in technical manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Meets program schedules and budgets and maintains the integrated master schedules for project(s).
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with 3+ years experience or
- High School Diploma (or Equivalent) and 7+ years experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited Institution
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military