Energy Engineer II (NORESCO) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Houston, TX 77043, US
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO's Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer's individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
OUR ENGINEERING TEAM
NORESCO's Engineering Group is responsible for identifying energy savings opportunities for large commercial and institutional facilities, including schools and universities in support of our Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC). Our Engineering team's primary focus is to analyze current energy systems and consumption and to make recommendations for energy upgrades necessary to decrease overall energy usage and costs for that business.
We an immediate need for an Energy Engineer II in Houston, TX
As an Energy Engineer at NORESCO, you will have a great deal of interaction with customers as well as other NORESCO staff including Sales, Project Development, Construction Project Managers, Measurement and Verification (M&V), and other Engineering staff. You will be representing NORESCO at customer sites during visits. Therefore, it is of utmost importance to possess strong verbal and written communication skills as well as a strong technical background. At NORESCO, teamwork is essential as every person on our team plays a vital role in the successful completion of every project we do.
Here is a look at the responsibilities for this position.
- Conduct energy audits, site investigations, energy savings calculations and develop cost estimates for large federal, commercial, and institutional facilities.
- Coordinate and schedule site visits with customers and NORESCO personnel.
- Identify and quantify energy conservation opportunities associates HVAC systems, Energy Management and Control Systems, Building Envelope, and Boiler and Chilled water central plant systems in ESPC Projects.
- Analyze utility bill data to determine customer energy performance parameters.
- Develop energy and ancillary (maintenance) savings.
- Perform energy savings calculations using whole-building modeling and temperature- bin analysis methods to calculate savings associated with ECM upgrades.
- Perform cooling and heating load calculations to properly size HVAC equipment (chillers, boilers, etc.)
- Write scopes of work for HVAC systems for subcontractors.
- Develop cost estimates associated with mechanical energy conservation measures.
- Write detailed Energy Conservation Measure descriptions to be included in proposal submissions including EMS sequences of operation.
BS in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
*Experience / Qualifications
Here are the requirements for this position:
- 5 years' experience in Energy Analysis, HVAC Design and EMS Design.
- Prior experience working for an ESPC Contractor developing energy conservation measures for ESPC.
- Prior experience developing EMS control strategies to reduce energy consumption.
- Prior experience developing detailed cost estimates for mechanical HVAC systems.
- Experience writing, reviewing and optimizing EMS control sequences of operation to control building energy consumption.
- PE License preferred.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military