Engineering Manager - Supplier Designed Equipment Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Windsor Locks, CT 06096, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
ISR/Leave Job DescriptionCollins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
Collins Aerospace is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. Space Solutions is a business unit within Collins and our products reside in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea and on the ground. We are also a major supplier to international space programs. Within Space Solutions we design and manufacture Environmental Control and Life Support Systems on the International Space Station, including the space suit, and undersea in submarines.
This is an Engineering Management Leadership position that will strengthen the Supplier Designed Equipment teams and programs to assure consistency of Collins Space Solution Engineering flow down to Supplier Design Equipment providers (e.g. custom valves, motors, actuators, sensors, etc.).
- Partner with various Program Offices with the objective to:
- Provide support to SDE IPD Teams to remove road blocks
- Support SDE IPD Teams with supplier and quotation evaluations and selections
- Participate in SDE provider design reviews
- Partner with purchasing and SQA to locate and engage qualified Supplier Design Equipment providers to better enable cost and schedule success.
- Maintain and deploy and train best engineering practices including but limited to:
- Statement of Work Template including Supplier Data Sheets
- Subcontract Management Guide
- Engineering Procedures
- Standard Work
- Create and deploy SDE Health Status Check-ups with SDE IPD Teams with the purpose of:
- Identifying risks and mitigation opportunities
- Early identification of issues and actions to minimize impact
- Balance work load among IPD teams
- Partner with Systems Engineering to better define roles and responsibilities relative to procurement specification generation utilizing DOORs
- Support and/or lead RRCA actions relative to the SDE definition process and/or SDE hardware issues.
- Work well with SDE IPD's with and ability to mentor and train both processes and soft skills.
- Potential of direct employees
- 8+ years in engineering leadership roles with electromechanical hardware experience (motors, valves, actuators, sensor or other electromechanical devices)
- BS Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Project Management Professional Certification is a plus
- Travel requirements - approx. 15 to 20 % continental US
- This position will be a supervisory opportunities and have visibility to the site leadership team.
- US Citizens Only
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Note: This job may be considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. If so, the selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military