Environmental Health & Safety Generalist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Pratt & Whitney
Environment, Health & Safety
Wichita Falls, TX 76310, US
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have a great opportunity for you to join the team as an Environmental Health & Safety Generalist. If you are looking for a challenging role in a progressive and growing organization, this role is for you.
- Executes initiatives, programs, procedures, reports, permits and trainings across multiple EH&S disciplines, as required, to achieve and maintain compliance
- Contributes to required environmental regulatory reports and submissions to achieve and maintain standard documentation
- Assists and develops materials for EH&S training and communications on subjects required by regulations such as confined space, respiratory protection, compressed gases, electrical safety, ergonomics, etc. to achieve and maintain that procedures are understood and applied
- Formulates and administers EH&S plans and procedures including EH&S program management
- Provide on-site training to employees for the required safety and compliance training courses
- Monitors local performance against EH&S regulatory requirements to achieve and maintain conformance
- Be a role model for EH&S excellence, engage employees for EH&S excellence
- Identify EH&S improvement opportunities regularly (e.g., Best Management Practices) and engage stakeholders to implement based on priorities
- Associate's Degree in Occupational/ Environmental Health and Safety or a similar field
- 5+ years of work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental, or related field is preferred
- Good computer skills including experience using Microsoft Office
- Operation or maintenance experience in manufacturing environment is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams with attention to detail and organization
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military