Environmental Health & Safety Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Pratt & Whitney
Wichita Falls, TX 76310, US
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have a great opportunity for you to join the team as an Environmental Health & Safety Manager. If you are looking for a challenging role in a progressive and growing organization, this role is for you.
- Responsible for driving the culture of the Environmental, Health, and Safety program at the Wichita Falls facility
- Manage a staff that includes an EHS Coordinator and EHS Pilot
- Lead implementation of the UTC and Pratt & Whitney EH&S Management system
- Lead the site EH&S Council along with the site General Manager
- Oversight for all applicable federal, state, and local regulations as well as company policies and procedures (Applicable safety programs include LOTO, electrical safety, machine guarding, elevated work, confined space, industrial hygiene, risk assessment, blood borne pathogens, powered industrial vehicles, respirator protection and hearing conservation)
- Manage a robust environmental program which includes waste water permitting, RCRA waste management, site air permit, storm water no exposure certification, x-ray and laser registrations
- Coordinate the Workers' Compensation process, first aid and injury reporting
- Lead efforts to continuously improve EH&S performance and operations, including improvement programs and corrective actions, environmental protection projects, conservation activities, and integration of EH&S initiatives into overall business operations
- Provide strategic leadership of EH&S initiatives across the PW-WF site (ergonomics, industrial hygiene, engineering controls, PPE, waste management, etc.)
- Interface with government agencies to maintain regulatory compliance (audits, annual reports, permit applications, etc.)
- Work with Human Resources to implement EHS training requirements
- BA/BS in Occupational/ Environmental Health and Safety or a similar field with 7+ years of experience in an EH&S and/or manufacturing role; OR MA/MS in Occupational/ Environmental Health and Safety or a similar field with 5+ years of experience in an EH&S and/or manufacturing role
- Ability to set vision and demonstrate sense of urgency across organizations to provide actionable improvement programs and maintain a safe and efficient workplace
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements and EH&S policies, procedures, and programs
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership skills and exceptional interpersonal communications
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military