F135 UK Logistics Program Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Pratt & Whitney
Aftermarket & Service
East Hartford, CT 06118, US
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it, and as part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have an opportunity for a Logistics Program Manager to join our team.
Do you have the experience we are looking for? We at the F135 International Sustainment organization are responsible for leading teams in the execution of Performance Based Logistics contracts and providing propulsion system Logistics Program Management support for International fleets. As the primary propulsion sustainment interface to the United Kingdom, the UK Logistics Program Manager (LPM) integrates the efforts of the internal support organizations (Production, Site Activation, Supply Chain Management, Customer Support Engineering, Support Equipment Operations, Fleet Management, Rolls Royce, etc) to ensure readiness of the UK F135 fleet, that all aspects of fleet operations are sustained to the highest quality standards, and that all UK-unique and Global Sustainment Solution requirements are met.
As the F135 UK LPM, you will be expected to:
- Handle Customer expectations and priorities
- Provide logistics support and collaborate with the Customer from flight line interface to sustainment performance
- Define and meet peculiar and non-peculiar sustainment requirements, ensuring Customer perspectives and needs are considered in plan development and contracting
- Ensure funding to meet Customer's unique requirements
- Evaluate and manage Customer-specific business metrics, operational metrics, forecasts and fleet management plans for retrofits and modifications
- Provide written and verbal briefs/communications to internal & external partners to status health and sustainability of the UK fleet propulsion systems
- Lead UK-specific IPT to coordinate process execution with internal functional departments across the value stream (CSE, Engineering, SE, in-Country FSEs/team, SCM, fleet management, etc)
- Integrate the external partners to ensure UK-specific Programmatic readiness and seamless sustainment solution (JPO, NLD MoD, LM, etc)
- Occasional overtime and working outside of core business hours (due to time zone differences) may be required to meet Program objectives and Customer needs
- Travel is approximately 20%
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Logistics or Management disciplines
- 7+ years in Engineering, Logistics or a Management disciplines
- 5+ years with an advanced degree
- US Citizen, due to federal contracts.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Familiar with technical and logistics field support processes, and engine maintenance practices
- Strong interpersonal skills, including leadership and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Capability to prioritize tasks and plan effectively
- Familiarity with International Trade Compliance/Export requirements
- strong ACE/ process improvement leadership
- Experience with the F135 Program and STOVL variant
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military