General Staff Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Windsor Locks, CT 06096, US
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace is looking to add a General Staff Engineer to our team in Windsor Locks, CT; relocation is offered. The General Staff Engineer will help coordinate the Collins Aerospace Pratt & Whitney Engine System's engineering effort required to support the P&W Geared Turbofan Programs. In this highly visible role, the candidate will have the opportunity to work not only with Collins Aerospace engineering but also coordinate with Collins Aerospace Program Office and Pratt & Whitney. The candidate will be expected to stand in on behalf of the Chief Project Engineer as required in internal Collins and external Pratt & Whitney interactions. The candidate will also be expected to manage communications between the engineering teams, the customer, and with both P&W and Collins Aerospace Senior Leadership.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Collins Project Engineering Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) covering electrical, electronic, and mechanical products for P&W GTF engines.
- Coordinate program task requirements between P&W and Collins Aerospace.
- Manage program schedule and financial performance by aiding IPTs to establish plans and tracking them to their commitments.
- Maintain overall program technical risk assessment including the identification of technical risk mitigation plans and establishing risk mitigation action plans.
- Coordinate overall program technical communications internally and externally.
- Must be able to commit to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution with a minimum of 7 years combined experience in Engineering, Leadership, or Project/Program Management. OR Master's degree in Engineering or Business with a minimum of 5 years combined experience in Engineering, Leadership, or Project/Program Management.
- Aerospace industry experience.
- Control systems experience is highly preferred.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate to clearly communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Needs to be able to work on and lead cross functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Master's degree in Engineering or Business is preferred.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.).
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military