Global Supply Chain Development Program Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Pratt & Whitney
East Hartford, CT 06118, US
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. In response to the evolving aerospace industry, the Global Supply Chain (GSC) organization within Pratt & Whitney is offering comprehensive internships. The GSC team is responsible for working closely with suppliers across the world to ensure we deliver affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs. Our team fosters an internal environment that flourishes with utilization of the UTC ACE operating system, while handling supplier relationships to ensure they meet our quality and performance standards.
Are you passionate about supply chain and want to start your career with us? The Our GSC organization is a fast-paced, dynamic, matrix organization that operates in culturally diverse locations around the world. GSC consists of commodity focused multifunctional teams responsible for the supply of raw materials and finished goods. The teams are set up into Value Streams to actively manage the supply chain to achieve delivery, quality and cost goals. The GSC organization is recruiting highly motivated college graduates who demonstrate leadership ability and academic excellence for our two year rotational program. The Global Supply Chain Development Program (GSCDP)is designed to expose recent college graduates to Global Supply Chain at Pratt & Whitney. The experience gained in the GSCDP will provide you with the comprehensive understanding of the product design and delivery, and its relationship to overall business performance and customer satisfaction.
Program Goals: Place associates in substantial rotational positions where they can:
- Gain a broad-based working knowledge of the key processes within the GSC organization, including the internal networks necessary for effective problem solving and communication
- Build the business and managerial skill set required to be an accomplished Supply Chain professional
- Clarify the role and scope of Supply Chain and Logistics within the company
- Understand the activities and concerns of our suppliers and customers
The program seeks out and recruits highly motivated college students / entry level employees who demonstrate leadership ability and academic excellence and trains them to become tomorrow's business leaders.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required
- You will be graduating from an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program in May 2020. Preferred fields of study are Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering with a strong interest in Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- You have a real passion for learning and pursuing a career in Materials Management
- Ability to work with all levels of management, shop personnel and outside vendors
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs
- You are ambitious
- You work independently or with multi-functional teams
- You have strong project management skills
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Previous internship experience at Pratt preferred
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military