JDE Service Solution Architect Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Farmington, CT 06032, US
This Solution Architect role owns the JDE business and technical solutions and works closely with the business lead to improve and enhance the functional module. The candidate will provide subject matter expertise in the following areas: equipment master, preventative maintenance schedules, service work orders including inventory and purchasing interfaces, and service work order billing and credit processing, service contract maintenance, billing, credit processing and amortization.
- Architect the JDE Service solution based on requirements definition from global OTIS locations in coordination with the business core team lead and outsourced development partner (L&T / IBM)
- Own and govern the overall technical solution in JDE
- Strong management of internal and external offshore functional development teams
- Lead functional evaluations for future improvements or upgrades.
- Review and approve functional specifications and pass on to the development teams.
- Review and approve technical specifications from the development teams.
- Perform functional testing and validation of development deliveries
- Work with development teams to debug issues and follow the data through the logic to determine the real corrections needed.
- Must be willing to manage as well as get involved in the full details to ensure the design, delivery and support of this function meets the Otis business requirements.
- Perform analysis on data trends within solution to understand any issue trends and required resolutions
- Audit final data conversions for JDE deployments to new locations
- Perform go-live readiness audits for deployment projects
- Demo the JDE functional solution to new and existing sites on JDE
- Work with development and OATS team to establish and maintain regression test scripts
- Work with UPK team to create effective user training
- Proven experience in deploying and supporting the financial, manufacturing and/or service modules within JD Edwards
- Real JDE experience in setting up and configuration the system, data models and JDE integration, deployment experience in working with business sites and testing out and validating the readiness of the system, data, and the business preparedness for determining go live timing.
- Experience with implementing, upgrading, and deploying JD Edwards
- Excellent organizational, time management and customer service skills
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Understanding of the setup and configurations within the Service / Finance modules preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience in working with JDE ERP
- Experience with managing offshore developers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to conduct presentations to large organizations, as well as to executive and upper management teams.
- Ace Knowledge is preferred, with attention to detail and quality of work product.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
BS Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance or other related field
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military