Jet Engine & Components, Assembly and Test Mechanic (LG 06) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Pratt & Whitney
West Palm Beach, FL 33410, US
- You will use a wide variety of power and mechanical tools to perform functional checks on engine assembly/components or test equipment/test components.
- You will acquire tools and hardware as required to perform assembly and test procedures.
- We operate a wide variety of tools to assemble/disassemble a jet engine or operate support utilities to run the test article.
- We monitor instrumentation and perform engine service during test under the direction of supervision or delegate.
- You will use work instruction and procedures to assemble/dissemble jet engines or other assigned work.
- You will check all phases of assembly, as specified by work instructions, to perform self-inspection or peer inspection of critical processes ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Work independently or with assigned personnel to set up the test stand, and preparing and mounting the test article per procedure.
- we assist with engine inspections as required by the engine test plan.
- We support others in producing valid test data.
- You will inspect, maintain, and complete necessary reporting on equipment, facilities, and support systems.
- Remove instrumentation, equipment, and utilities to de-prep, dismount, and preserve test article for shipment.
- You will prepare test article for proper storage and transportation. Move test article to the proper location.
- We reconfigure and repair system equipment, test article, and stand. Inspect lifting devices and store in the proper location. Reconfigure the test article and stand.
- Package engines for shipment to the customer
- You will assist in training of other team members
- You will carry out other tasks within the scope of this job description to support department objectives and to develop individual skills
- Positive Relationships
- You will perform all tasks at the highest level of safety awareness
- High school graduate or GED
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 5+ years of of formal training in power-plant mechanics and testing.
- A&P certification
- 5+ years of formal training in Power-Plant Mechanics and Testing
- Previous OEM/R&D/MRO/FAR 145 repair station experience is preferred.
- Formal training in power plant mechanics and testing.
- Well-rounded knowledge of FAA and aviation standards, jet engine design and operation, jet engine hardware and components, instrumentation installations, engine assembly or test stand experience.
- SAP, Solumina experience.
- Able to obtain and maintain certifications to operate powered industrial vehicles.
- May be asked to work varying shifts as needed.
- Creative troubleshooting skills.
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity.
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military