Machine Shop Technician - Lathe - Afternoons Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Oakville, ON L6L 5Y7, Canada
Reporting to the afternoon shift supervisor, as the Machine Shop Technician you will be operating Lathe machines in the axle cell. The successful candidate will be expected to multi-task and run all machines within the cell as required.
Machine Number (Please identify which machine(s) you are applying for):
- Perform own set-ups by positioning and aligning tooling per set-up instructions using CNC programming language (G codes)
- Operate a lathe and perform deep boring to pre heat steel
- Maintain tolerances by observing operation and making necessary machine offset adjustments, cutter changes, calculating feed and speeds and performing self inspection (OSV-Operator Self Verification)
- Document actions in support of quality logs and communicate all discrepancies in machining to supervision
- Perform work from set-up sheets, manufacturing sheets and drawings
- Support and promote continuous improvement in the cell
- Perform other duties and multi-task as assigned
- Previous machining experience working with similar machines is required.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and use an overhead crane in a safe manner
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Willingness to train and operate other machines within the cell and to work overtime
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) is preferred
- Ability and willingness to multi-task as required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize measuring equipment in support of quality requirements and read and interpret blueprints.
- Currently enrolled into an Apprenticeship Program is preferred, but not a requirement.
- Successful candidates must meet and be cleared under all requirements relating to ITAR and CGD
- Must be willing and able to work afternoon shift (Mon to Fri 3pm-11pm)
- UTC Core Foundation Competencies including Ethics, Integrity, Values and Trust.
Collins Aerospace is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military