Manufacturing Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Winston-Salem, NC 27105, US
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don't just get people from point A to point B. We're committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we're helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we're changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Manufacturing Engineer in our Seating Operations - Fairchild business located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, this role is responsible for the analysis and development of all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and tooling. Appling knowledge of engineering principles to design products transforming initial engineering designs to reliable reproducible assemblies/components using fixtures, tooling and drafting.
- Provides technical leadership to shop employees
- Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints
- Participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work
- Apply lean principles and supporting continuous improvement throughout the facility
- Collaborates with plans and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods
- Develops, evaluates and documents manufacturing processes
- Provides engineering support within operations to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Participates as a team member in a specific phase of a broad engineering assignment.
- Directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership to a small group of temporarily assigned engineers and technicians.
- Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
- Participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work.
- Performs professional Manufacturing Engineering assignments of an intermediate degree of complexity under general direction and supervision with some discretion as to work details.
- Provides support in the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of manufacturing operations.
- Provides input to plans, process specifications and procedures, production aids and assembly fixtures, MRP support studies, factory cost work standards development, and the like.
- Compiles and evaluates test and production data, prepares technical analysis, recommends manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes.
- Provides production floor and assembly support in technical matters relating to assembly drawing interpretation, engineering change notices, rework, manufacturing difficulties and specifications.
- Provides training to lower-level Manufacturing Engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering field from four-year accredited university
- Lean certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications specifically MS Excel
- Ability to coach and mentor other engineers and technicians
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment which emphasizes handling multiple priorities
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military