Manufacturing Supervisor Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Collierville, TN 38017, US
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a motivated, results-oriented operations professional to continue to raise our high bar in manufacturing leadership. We have an excellent opportunity for a production supervisor located at our Collierville, TN manufacturing facility.
- Supervise thirty to eighty hourly associates
- Oversee the production planning, staffing, and day-to-day manufacturing operations in a cost effective manner.
- Monitor production orders or schedules to ensure products and scheduled delivery dates are met in order to plan department operations.
- Develop and monitor the business unit operational budget. Prepare operational schedule and coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Preview production/operating reports and resolve operational manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Develop and work with other supervisors and Human Resources in all areas such as employee relations, problem solving, setting and achieving goals, manufacturing processes, scheduling, disciplinary actions, terminations, equipment problems, etc.
- Participate on the EHS Management team to develop, implement or support plant and departmental objectives for Safety, Ergonomics, and Environmental.
- Ensure programs are effectively maintained, the plant is in compliance with standards, and the appropriate training is effectively provided to all employees.
- Develop and revise standard operational and working practices and observe employees to ensure compliance.
- Lead efforts for assistance in achieving Quality goals such as FPY, Escapes, Leak reduction, COPQ, Scrap reduction, and Warehouse Holds reduction.
- Propose and implement changes to existing processes to streamline and improve overall performance while maintaining cost controls and creating cost effective use of resources
- Use the ACE tools (root cause analysis, process certification, standard work, 5S, cause and effect analysis, value stream mapping, etc.) to improve production processes and correct deficiencies as they occur.
- Ability to make suggestions and informed decisions quickly
- Possess strong organizational, leadership and time management skills
- Highly motivated and possesses superior follow-up and follow-through skills
- The ability to motivate, coach, and lead hourly employees
- Candidate must be able to effectively function in a union environment
- Effective communication (both written and verbally) and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity
- Demonstrate sound leadership skills with a sense of urgency to obtain results
- Have a critical eye for improvements in all areas of responsibility
- Must be willing to work first or second shift as well as required overtime (shift premium and OT applies)
- 0-2 years of work experience
- BS/BA in related field required
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military