MATERIAL PLANNER Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
- Control inventory level to meet or exceed the site performance targets (such as NITO, E&O etc.); by ordering the right mix of spares, by considering the level of customers' input and the lead times of the vendors
- Support and ensure adherence to Supply Chain initiatives, improvement targets to ensure optimal efficiency Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Plan and purchase of spare parts and rework parts to ensure adequacy to meet turnaround time of customers.
- Liaise with vendors and OEMs to follow up on delivery status of spares purchases and to expedite deliveries via phone calls outside working hours, where necessary.
- Identify and analyze slow moving and redundant stock to ensure stock levels are always maintained at optimum levels.
- Source and develop a pool of alternative vendors with a view to reduce costs and lead-time
- Track production activities and coordinates spare shipments
- Provide provisioning based on the annual intake forecast for the site through gathering of relevant market information from Business Development, Business Units (BU) and Customer Support team
- Support value streams in administering non-product purchases (such as Purchase Orders) and ensure compliance to Corporate Policy and site procedures
- Support and ensure adherence to Supply Chain corporate initiatives, improvement measures and preparation of specific reports as determined by the Supply Chain Manager
- Any other duties and or projects that may be assigned by the Value Stream Manager and/or Supply Chain ManagerREQUIREMENTS
- Degree Holder with minimum 3 years material planning / purchasing experience, preferably in the Aerospace industry
- Possess good knowledge of MRP & strong analytical skills
- Experiences in SAP will be an advantage
- Mature and able to work independently
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military