Material Processor III, 2nd Shift Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
United Technologies Corporation
Windsor Locks, CT 06096, US
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
- Receive, check, store, issue and ship a variety of items in all material handling areas and maintain inventory control.
- Using assistance and/or powered mechanical means load (not to include forklifts or high bay vehicles), unload, store and deliver a variety of incoming and outgoing material to various locations throughout the facility.
- Prepare and package small and large parts using proper procedures and material.
- Process purchase orders for spare tooling and materials.
- Use computer hardware/software to maintain inventory, enter and retrieve data, receive and disburse material, order material/tools, identify appropriate labels for all processes, and other computer input requirements.
- Operate and maintain a variety of parts preparation, material handling, measuring and packaging equipment; record calibration logs of tools and equipment. Perform operator preventative maintenance tasks; refer major breakdowns to machine maintenance.
- Handle, maintain inventory, shelf life material, and containers. •Maintain all government tooling and property; follow all military regulation requirements.
- Maintain contact with personnel from various customers and support areas to ensure accuracy of material/process.
- Check and prepare, process and file a variety of paperwork pertaining to tasks.
- Use assorted measuring and weight recording devices.
- Assist one or two fellow employees in the proper performance of duties
- Improve process and solve problems in cooperation with fellow employees and technical support group.
- Keep equipment and surrounding areas neat and clean.
- Perform related duties as required within the scope of this job function.
- Requires knowledge of storekeeping methods, clerical and inventory control.
- Ability to use simple gauges, meters, linear measures, scales and procedures.
- Requires basic computer skills to cover all material handling areas.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military