OD/ID Grinder Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Westminster, CA 92683, US
HCA41: US092-Westminster, CA 7155 Fenwick Lane , Westminster, CA, 92683 USAJOB RESPONSIBILTIES:
- ID/OD Grinding using appropriate gauges and fixtures to check and assure all work and dimensional specs are met.
- Performs basic maintenance on machines and parts when necessary.
- Sets-up machines by installing and adjusting wheels, attachments, centers, stops, etc.
- Uses commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures involving these machines.
- Reads, interprets, understands and works from complex detailed drawings, blueprints, sketches, and specifications.
- Determines number of cuts required, and method of setup; while utilizing a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds; measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years of hands on experience operating and setting-up Grinding machines.
- Must be able to set up and operate CNC OD grinders efficiently.
- Must have good mechanical skills.
- Experience with very close tolerance and high quality work. The ability to execute complex set-ups requiring unique and non-routine methods.
- Ability to read, interpret, understand and work from complex detailed drawings, blueprints, sketches, and specifications
- Experience with tooling arbors, between centers grinding, and cylindrical grinding
- Solid understanding of metal properties and use of precision/non-precision instruments.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Aerospace experience is preferredRequiredQualifications:
- Candidate must possess 3 years of Machinist experience (NOT SIMPLY MACHINE OPERATION)
- Must be comfortable setting-up and troubleshooting mechanical issues with CNC Machines
- Must be comfortable using various measuring equipment such as Micrometers, Calipers, and Dial Bore Gauges
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.