P&W Security Specialist, Physical Security Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Pratt & Whitney
West Palm Beach, FL 33410, US
If you seek to work in a vibrant and challenging environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Physical Security Specialist to be based in West Palm Beach, FL.
Government Security Compliance (GSC) is seeking a Physical Security Specialist to work at the Pratt & Whitney's Florida site location to serve as the Florida site Point of Contact (POC) for Physical Security.
The primary function will ensure all classified environments and Closed Areas meet or exceed U.S. Government requirements. Additional duties include, ensuring self-inspections, certifications, and coordination of construction requirements of classified environments. The ideal candidate will have experience managing classified environments, extremely knowledgeable with the NISPOM, 5205.07 v1-4, and ICD/S 705. The role requires attention to detail and must be able to perform other duties as required by the GSC management team.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- • Classified environment and Closed Area management • Precise completion of DD147s and Fixed Facility Checklists
- Manage and track large amounts of complex data
- Support security vulnerability assessments
- Assist department management with ongoing continuous improvement initiatives
- Use and leverage continuous improvement (ACE) tools and methodology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department
Do you meet the Basic Qualifications?
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Possess a Secret or higher security clearance current within six years.
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Be highly efficient and self-motivated
- Always be professional and have excellent customer service skills
- Adhere to USG security policies and implement changes as required
- Have relevant Industrial Security experience
- Adapt to competing work priorities
- Have a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Be a team player
- Maintain a keen focus on results
- Have excellent MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel skills
- Desired Skills Knowledgeable NISPOM, ICD/ICS 705, JSIG, DAAPM
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military