P804 Development Test Engineer-Certification and Verification Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
United Technologies Corp. Headquarters
Rockford, IL 61107, US
United Technologies Corporation was founded by some of the world's greatest inventors. We helped build the Second Industrial Revolution and brought about a century of urbanization and globalization. Now we need your help to build the next one.
Tech@UTC is the UTC technology organization, comprised of the global engineering function, several focused centers of expertise, our skunkworks organization - United Technologies Advanced Projects (UTAP), and our advanced Research & Development lab - United Technologies Research Center (UTRC). By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create smart, sustainable solutions that prove we can do the big things the right way. We put the "T" in UTC.
United Technologies Advanced Projects (UTAP) is at the heart of UTC's technology organization, fostering a startup-like culture that is unafraid of failure and trying new things. We are comprised of project teams that are co-located with UTC's engineering and business footprints. We run fast and deliver convincing product and service demonstrators that will disrupt UTC's core businesses. UTAP projects bring together UTC's world-leading expertise in engineering and manufacturing along with top external talent, with project teams located at UTC sites around the world.
You will provide leadership for the P804 project team in the execution of our safety of flight demonstration compliance plan. You will work with other UTC divisions and suppliers to ensure the aircraft and integrated hybrid electric engine verification plans are executed in agreement with the compliance plan. In your role specifically you will ensure the aircraft and engine hardware modifications and instrumentation will provide the required data for the program development, risk reduction, and safety of flight compliance requirements. You will provide alternatives to address product design shortfalls and test learning during the program with innovative and speed-oriented solutions.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work with multiple key UTC stakeholders and UTAP suppliers in the execution of the overall P804 program test plan, with a focus on compliance demonstration and risk management
- Oversee the configuration management of our verification artifacts
- Prepare and oversee a parts procurement plan for the program for all component, rig and engine test requirements for the program
- Develop and oversee hardware modification and instrumentation processes for component, rig, engine and aircraft system testing across all suppliers, in a common platform
- Oversee the engine and aircraft configuration for all program system tests, in agreement with the overall experimental flight compliance plan
- Align with the PWC team in driving a common core architecture during the development program
- Work with other UTC employees, contractors and suppliers as resources to accomplish the above objectives, leveraging their expertise and resources, as required
- Willingness to travel to UTC divisions and UTAP suppliers as required
- Motivated self-starter with strong communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and lead across multiple organizations
- Strong technical expertise in gas turbine and aircraft design and development, including experience in airworthiness certification and compliance (FAR25 and FAR 33)
- Strong background in project management with a focus on aircraft or engine certification
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in Canada
- Candidate must be willing to travel occasionally to suppliers and UTC sites
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Aerospace, or related field
- Master's degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Aerospace, or other related field preferred
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military