P804 Development Test Engineer-Program Management and Logistics Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
United Technologies Corp. Headquarters
Rockford, IL 61107, US
United Technologies Corporation was founded by some of the world's greatest inventors. We helped build the Second Industrial Revolution and brought about a century of urbanization and globalization. Now we need your help to build the next one.
Tech@UTC is the UTC technology organization, comprised of the global engineering function, several focused centers of expertise, our skunkworks organization - United Technologies Advanced Projects (UTAP), and our advanced Research & Development lab - United Technologies Research Center (UTRC). By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create smart, sustainable solutions that prove we can do the big things the right way. We put the "T" in UTC.
United Technologies Advanced Projects (UTAP) is at the heart of UTC's technology organization, fostering a startup-like culture that is unafraid of failure and trying new things. We are comprised of project teams that are co-located with UTC's engineering and business footprints. We run fast and deliver convincing product and service demonstrators that will disrupt UTC's core businesses. UTAP projects bring together UTC's world-leading expertise in engineering and manufacturing along with top external talent, with project teams located at UTC sites around the world.
You will provide leadership and direction for the P804 project team in the development and execution of the overall project test plan. You will work with other UTC divisions and suppliers to integrate all hybrid electric engine and aircraft activities across all sites and align against the overall program milestones. You will provide sound guidance on project alternatives to address product shortfalls and design changes during the development program with innovative and speed-oriented solutions.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work with multiple key UTC stakeholders and UTAP suppliers in the execution of the overall P804 program test plan, with a focus on the program test execution
- Prepare and take ownership of a consolidated P804 project plan that includes the overall program milestones, and test activities on the hybrid electric engine and aircraft across all sites
- Coordinate activities across all UTAP and supplier sites including chairing daily and weekly meetings, as required, to track progress against milestones
- Develop and oversee experimental build and test requirements for component, rig, engine and aircraft testing across all suppliers, in a common platform, including any specialized equipment, tooling or processes
- Work with other UTC employees, contractors and suppliers as resources to accomplish the above objectives, leveraging their expertise and resources, as required
- Willingness to travel to UTC divisions and UTAP suppliers as required
- Motivated self-starter with strong communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and lead across multiple organizations
- Strong project management experience with a focus on logistics in a diverse supply chain
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in Canada
- Candidate must be willing to travel occasionally to suppliers and UTC sites
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Aerospace, or related field
- Master's degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Aerospace, or other related field preferred
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military