Product Engineer - Special Projects Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Collierville, TN 38017, US
Carrier is the world's leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Each day, the engineering team is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented product engineer to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation through working on our facility's manufacturing processes.
The ideal candidate will be able to analyze, develop and implement manufacturing procedures and processes designed to maximize utilization of equipment, labor and material. Candidate must also demonstrate knowledge and application of continuous improvement methods in an effort to improve production efficiency and reduce costs.
- Coordinate the introduction of aluminum coils into our products split system air conditioners and heat pumps, including working jointly with development engineering group to design products for optimal manufacturability, scheduling initial unit check samples and final pilot run prior to production, and tracking new component qualifications for aluminum coil using planning tools and present status to upper management periodically.
- Manage sustaining product after launch. Monitor engineering bills of material changes and schedule trial runs to ensure proper form, fit and functions of products are maintained with all changes.
- Develop annual material cost savings plan for the coil aluminum project and oversee its implementation while maintaining schedule and cost savings goals. Direct a cross functional team of purchasing, supplier quality, and sustaining engineering. Coordinate Value Engineering sessions annually to develop new opportunities for cost savings. Write, present, and track capital appropriation requests for component changes when applicable.
- Support manufacturing operations and quality group with a thorough understanding of unit requirements. Accurately explain engineering specifications, drawings and performance requirements for manufactured products with aluminum coil.
- Utilize the Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) operating system to propose and implement changes to existing processes to streamline and improve overall performance while maintaining cost controls and creating cost effective use of resources
- Excellent communication skills; candidate must be comfortable providing briefings at all levels of management
- Ability to influence decisions downstream and upstream
- Solid understanding of lean principles to effectively create, implement and monitor process improvement initiatives
- Knowledge and application of motion and time methodology and techniques in manufacturing environment
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills
- Ability to take initiative and work in a self-directed manner
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively lead and team with multiple functional groups to reach a common objective
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint skills.
- Bachelor's in an engineering or related discipline required
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- 1+ years of work experience in a manufacturing environment
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military