Program Manager, Electrical and Software Programs Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Farmington, CT 06032, US
Otis is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
Each day, our team is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation.
The chosen candidate will serve as Program Manager of the product development process (PDP) for software and electrical component and system development programs. This program manager will take programs from concepts to field deployment including cost, schedule and quality. Deliver successful passport and other program reviews to senior management. Responsible for the detailed planning, business case development, costs (program and product), technology development and integration into global areas of integrated product development (IPD) and Otis' value chain.
- This individual will be responsible for the Program Management function within the Otis engineering organization, with cross-functional responsibilities for product delivery within budget and on-time schedule delivery. This individual will collaborate with product owners, internal Otis functional departments, and develop strong working partnership with key suppliers as well as supply chain managers within Otis. In addition, this role will require a full working familiarity with the entire Otis value chain.
- Formally track and coordinate the progress and activities of multiple related development teams to insure alignment with overall business objectives of next generation connectivity and passenger experience
- Provide leadership and clarification on activities to ensure teams' constant attention to on time delivery of quality products
- Oversee project execution throughout development phases to ensure teams accomplish goals and meets schedules
- Actively participate in project planning process (understanding/developing requirements, analysis in identifying alternatives, prototyping, and design appropriate solutions, estimating project tasks, assist in overall project planning)
- Work closely with engineering, marketing, and field to understand project issues and serve as engineering representative to company leadership
- 10+ years of engineering and project management experience is required.
- Must possess experience leading successful programs with multi-functional, global teams.
- Familiarity with typical tasks and schedule considerations for electrical hardware, software, IT and data analytics development.
- Experience in evaluating supplier capabilities and integrating supplier timelines in overall program plan is a must.
- Clear understanding of how to use and employ risk management tools
- Previous experience with Otis component and/or system development programs a plus.
- Ability to mentor, coach and develop junior members of Integrated Product Development (IPD) team is critical.
- Strong basic working knowledge of stage gate phased process (ie PDP) as well as PMI terminology and tools.
- Familiarity with the Otis Product Development Process and general Project Management Institute (PMI) program management tools, terminology is a plus.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong teaming skills
- Strong communication skills
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English
- Flexible work schedule
- Travel up to 15%, including internationally
BS in Electrical / Software Engineering with advanced degree (preferably an MBA) or field of study in program management.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military