Programmer Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fairfield, CA 94533, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
- Assists with systems conversions via process mapping, design, testing, monitoring activities, and creating Standard Work Instructions
- Develops and troubleshoots databases in Microsoft Access, C#.NET/SQL Server and Excel desktop dashboards for information management and ad hoc reporting requirements
- Creates procedural documentation and executes unit and system level testing of prototype software applications
- Composes technical documentation for describing source code requirements and user training
- Assists with the analysis of data and creation of real-time reports
- Supports Lean Transformation events and activities
- Ensures quality product utilizing UTAS quality procedures
- Audits work area for safety compliance
- Performs other duties as required
- Working Conditions: Office environment
- At least 5 years of experience developing database software solutions in Microsoft Access
- Excellent computer skills associated with the Microsoft suite of software applications including Word, Power Point, Excel, Access and Visual Studio
- Extensive working knowledge of software languages and systems including SQL, VBA, C++, C#, WPF, Windows Forms, .NET Framework, SQL Server and Version Control Management (Git preferred)
- Knowledge of Agile software development techniques
- Knowledge of Inventory and Material transactions in MRP systems (SAP preferred)
- Must be proficient at managing and measuring workloads as well as strong decision making and administrative abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical customers
- Must be able to utilize complex problem solving techniques and critical thinking in support of assignments
- Ability to work independently and in teams; take initiative and resolve issues
- Ability to work and communicate professionally with all levels of the organization and respond to a variety of clients
- Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to those who are legally authorized to work in the U.S
- Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
- BS degree in Computer Science or related fields
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
<div style="text-align: justify;">Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us. </div>