Project Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Windsor Locks, CT 06096, US
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Operational Commercial Engines (OCE) Supplier Designed Equipment (SDE) supports fielded engines addressing in service issues, supporting limited production and engine shop work. While this group is based at Collins Windsor Locks CT, we represent and act as the main engineering focal for our customer (Pratt and Whitney.)
We are seeking a Project Engineer who will work with a multi-disciplined, team in executing engineering tasks closely with the supply base to investigate field issues and execute on corrective action when required. This role will require the ability to work on a wide range of components as field issues arise, including heat exchangers, sensors, pumps, ignition components, solenoids, harnessing and other engine control components.
- Supports the development of project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Conduct investigations using Relentless Root Cause & Corrective Action (RRCA).
- Interface with suppliers and members of the technical design team to manage the design and integration of complex assemblies.
- Provide design oversight, including generation of drawings, specifications and summary reports.
- Execute tasks aligned with the engineering standard work tool.
- Hold regular meeting with the cross functional IPD team, take action items, and publish meeting minutes.
- Create risk and mitigation plan.
- Coordinate all Engineering Changes (Collins/PW/Suppliers).
- Create detail presentations for design reviews and other internal/customer reviews.
- Must be able to commit to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience.
- Strong planning and execution skills with ability to multi-task to meet challenging schedule and budget.
- Ability to work across organization, team members, suppliers, and customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Pratt and Whitney CCB and EC process.
- Experience with Collins SW and EC Process.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.).
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
<div style="text-align: justify;">Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us. </div>