Quality Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Charlotte, NC 28269, US
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. Carrier is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
At Carrier, we believe that our people make the difference and invite you to apply to this exciting and rewarding opportunity.
Is your personality defined by positivity, responsibility, integrity, accountability, and respect culminating in a strong work ethic?
Are you focused, driven, and passionate about working with people, communicating effectively with customers, and improving quality? Are you willing to work in a diverse work environment and be able to raise issues openly? Come and join the ranks of one of the world's most respected, fast-growing, and creative companies
Carrier has an opportunity for an individual to transform the approach Carrier utilizes to ensure suppliers are achieving the quality levels necessary in our industry to satisfy our customers.
We are seeking a high energy individual that is passionate about driving supplier quality and has proven experience within the industry.
This position will have visibility across Carrier manufacturing plants, business units, as well as Operation's, Supply Chain and Quality leadership teams for personal growth opportunities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supplier manufacturing quality - drive implementation of Pro-Cert/Quality improvements at key Carrier suppliers (may be assigned specific commodities)
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with diverse audiences including but not limited to; senior leadership, multi-functional team members (Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Mobile Applications, Information Technology, Business Information Systems, Supply Chain and Quality), technicians, and suppliers
- Responsible for expertly utilizing Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality, Mobile Applications, Warranty Administration and Business Unit resources to support the planning and implementation of Quality Improvement projects and activities on current and future products
- Responsible for expertly utilizing Product Support Engineering, Field Technical Service Manager and Engineering to craft / improve field service troubleshooting fault trees.
- Engage suppliers and customers in projects to ensure robust, well-rounded solutions that are addressing the root cause of issues
- Responsible for entire projects with modest scope and complexity that initially will be specifically related to WAVE initiatives
- Support the plants in improving PPAP completion/readiness.
- Improve warranty recovery processes
- Act as a coach/facilitator for supplier quality improvement events and teaching quality tools
- Attain business objectives for quality: warranty spend, scrap, rework and repair, SPPM, FPY and safety
- Some travel will be required
- Serve as quality authority in support of quality/compliance investigations, as required with the supplier base.
Education / certifications/experience / qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial/Quality)
The ideal individual would be:
- Experienced in quality and supplier quality disciplines with 7+ years of direct work experience in quality, manufacturing, and engineering applying the quality tools including APQP, FMEA, Control plans, PPAP, SPC, MSA, RRCA and ACE tools.
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent in communication skills, a creative and innovative mindset
- Self-directed with meticulous attention to detail
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military