Regional EH&S Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Environment, Health & Safety
Dallas, TX 75211, US
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) experience at a global level, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a motivated, top performing EHS professional that has the technical and practical skills combined with a positive attitude and approach to help bring the Otis safety culture and performance to the next level.
As an EHS Manager you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to support Otis North America operations in Texas, related to environmental, health and safety compliance.In your role you will partner with Otis Field Operations to identify, anticipate, assess hazards, and implement company EH&S policies and management systems, maintain regulatory compliance and reduce the impact of incidents and losses, including worker's compensation costs.
The role can be based out of Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio or Houston.
Description / Responsibilities include:
- Reinforce the importance of EHS in the organization
- Lead by example and enhance Otis Safety Culture
- Actively support the organization's efforts to meet or exceed EHS objectives
- Partner with operations to integrate EHS performance and ownership in the branch operations
- Provide strategic leadership to drive continuous improvement in EHS performance
- Develop, maintain, and review the EHS program to ensure compliance with current and future legal, regulatory and corporate requirements
- Actively participate in management review meetings
- Collaborate with EHS professionals to establish or adopt company best practices
- Coordinate appropriate procedures, approvals, and control of hazardous, regulated and solid wastes
- Manage all safety performance measures, documentation and training records in collaboration with field operations
- Travel to regional locations to support operations - 50-75% travel in local region
Degree in Health & Safety, and / or Environmental Management or equivalent experience, or elevator Field Operations experience
BA/BS degree with 5-10+ years EH&S experience
MA/MD degree with 3-7+ years EH&S experience
Or a minimum of 7+ years technical elevator field experience required.
- A minimum of 5+ years of EH&S experience or 7+ years of elevator technical field experience
- EH&S in a field service/operations environment is preferred
- A broad understanding of all matters related to EH&S in a service environment
- Knowledge of management systems, policies, strategies and systems needed to implement an EH&S
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, strategic thinking/planning and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in field operations environment, including walking up multiple flights, navigating constructions sites and other remote work environments
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Prior elevator specific technical knowledge is an asset
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package
- Career development opportunities
- Employee Scholar Program
- Saving plan with company matching plan
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
<div style="text-align: justify;">Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us. </div>