Reliability Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Lenexa, KS 66215, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don't just get people from point A to point B. We're committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we're helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we're changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for an established Reliability Engineering professional. Performs and monitors a variety of functional tests, and analyzes reliability of product design.
• Measures reliability necessities of new products and materials.
• Monitors endurance/fatigue tests.
• Operates basic engineering qualification test rigs.
• Performs functional/acceptance tests on engineering units.
• Sets up tests, and builds and mounts units in test rigs.
• Measures and analyzes the reliability of the design, materials, processes, cost, and final products of production.
• Independently makes judgments in areas of product reliability.
• Develops, coordinates and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluates engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs.
• Recommends design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability.
• Compiles and analyzes performance reports, process control statistics, and relevant variables potentially affecting product and process.
• Includes possible development of mathematical models to identify units, batches or processes posing excessive failure risks.
• May determine units and/or batches requiring environmental testing.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree or three years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military