Repair Engineer, Aftermarket Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chula Vista, CA 91910, US
Collins Aerospace's Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world's newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we're not stopping there: we're working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we're pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Collins Aerospace is looking to hire a Repair Engineer, Aftermarket with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. You will design and approve repairs and provide technical solutions to minimize aircraft downtime, which entails Collins Aerostructures commercial nacelle hardware that are compliant with certified type design and airworthiness (FAA/EASA) requirements. You will also work independently, providing technical guidance to junior engineers, making recommendations to management and working on standardization to improve turnaround times.
- Designs and approve repair solution for complex technical issues requiring creativity and ingenuity in supporting airline operational and maintenance requirements.
- Should be able to make quick engineering judgments and development of repair instructions for repair solutions on various nacelle components for different programs.
- Apply technical expertise to support repair design development on metallic and composite structures.
- Direct communication with Airline customers for rapidly development and approval of technical solutions.
- Able to mentor other engineers and lead teams in the generation of standard work for repair development.
- Experience with aircraft metallic and/or composite repair development.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and mastery in technical understanding of maintenance, repair, overhaul, and regulatory requirements in the commercial aircraft industry.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external customers and be driven to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ability to serve as the key point of contact for internal and external customers on complex technical issues.
- Ability to work with all levels of maintenance, engineering, and management personnel.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment with time-constraint handling multiple repair tasks
- Able to communicate to customer's clearly and precisely structural repairs via technical writing.
- Experience with MS Office specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with nacelle and exhaust structures
- CATIA V and FiberSim skills highly desirable.
- Familiarity on specialty manufacturing processes for aerospace components
- Knowledge in Automation (Excel VBA & Visual Basic applications)
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Manufacturing, Mechanical or appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advanced degree in Aerospace, Manufacturing, Mechanical or appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military