Senior Engineer/Analyst (NORESCO) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Francisco, CA 94111, US
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer's individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We have an immediate need for a Senior Engineer/Analyst in our San Francisco, CA office
We are seeking a Senior Engineer/Analyst to join our Codes and Standards Team in the San Francisco Office. You will be a member of the Sustainability Group and will execute projects with the Program Director of Codes and Standards and other team leaders. The person selected to fill this position shall have deep knowledge of building science, energy-efficient technologies, energy modeling, and energy codes. Knowledge of large-scale simulation and Title 24 is a plus.
As a member of NORESCO's Codes and Standards team, you will have broad impact on California's energy code as well as on national energy codes, and on U.S. energy efficiency markets through our work in the sustainability and performance contracting business. NORESCO's group of talented individuals, possessing diverse and specialized skills covering a wide range of capabilities in the energy efficiency sector, are able to leverage unique and existing client relationships, providing you with limitless opportunities for growth and having an impact in shaping the sustainability landscape in California and beyond.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead and conduct energy efficiency analyses using energy modeling and applied techniques, cost-effectiveness analyses, and other analyses related to energy policy
- Provide clear and well-written memorandums and reports to various clients (investor-owned utilities, state energy commissions, building owners, architects, engineers) regarding energy policy and other analyses
- Ensure technical quality and accurate technical content of project-related documents and provide oversight and review of supporting staff
- Meet and contact clients as appropriate to discuss methods, and present results and recommendations
- Support business development efforts
- Develop and manage project budgets, schedules, and tasks with minimal oversight
- Occasional business travel
- A Master's degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, environmental, architectural, or related field)
- 5+ years of work experience in related area
- Knowledge of Title 24, ASHRAE Standard 90.1, IECC, and others energy codes
- Experience with EnergyPlus, eQuest/DOE-2, and OpenStudio
- Experience with large-scale simulations, data analysis, and scripting
- Expertise in complex building mechanical systems and state-of-the-art energy efficiency technologies and applications
- Demonstrated ability to write technical reports, papers, and provide presentations to knowledgeable audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of and experience with the architectural design process and all phases of design and construction from pre-design to construction administration
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military