Senior Manager & Lead Technical Developer - Service Now Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Farmington, CT 06032, US
OT999: 1CP - Farmington, CT One Carrier Place, Farmington, CT, 06032 USAAt Otis, we're dedicated to reinventing the way people move. As cities reach impossible heights and the digital revolution transforms daily life, our customers are looking to Otis for new ways to keep their world moving. As always, we're ready - with a bold vision of the future and the groundbreaking technology to make it happen. You could be part of our next chapter as a ServiceNow Lead Technical Developer who will serve as the primary and lead technical developer for the platform and work closely with the team's business administrators to understand and write business stories and requirements for all ServiceNow development needs.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Lead developer working in conjunction with and overseeing outsourced developers utilized to meet short- and long-term development needs
- Assists with the general administration of the platform
- Helps establish and document best-practice protocols for code development, testing and deployment
- Works as part of the Service Delivery team to coordinate code development and deployment schedules
- Provides realistic timing expectations with regards to specific code development
- A bachelor's degree in information technology or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Basic Qualifications
- Must be a ServiceNow Certified Application Developer, with validation required
- Must be a ServiceNow Certified System Administrator, with validation required
- Three-plus years of strong working knowledge and experience with ServiceNow development
- Experience overseeing and leading a team of outsourced developers for continually changing internal coding requirements
- Ability to manage applications, including migration and management of source codes
- Ability to determine if an application is a good fit with ServiceNow's platform capability
- Ability to integrate to external data sources
- Experience with developing integration solutions with ServiceNow (APIs and "ebonding", REST)
- Experience with ServiceNow version upgrades
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, team environment
- Preferred Qualifications
- ITIL Certification
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.