Senior Manager, Program Management - Fighters & Trainers Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cedar Rapids, IA 52498-0505, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. We are currently searching for a Senior Manager, Program Management in our Fighters & Trainers business to join the team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
This position is for a senior professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in Program Management, who leads medium-sized to large-sized programs. Develops program plans, schedules, and budgets. Supports strategic planning efforts, solutions for program problems, contract negotiations, and manages important vendors.
More specifically, this position supports the Military Avionics and Helicopters - Fighter and Trainer business unit. Aircraft in this market include the B-1, B-2, and B-52 bomber platforms, and the F-35, F-22, F/A-18, EA-18G, F-16, F-15, T-45, and T-38, with domestic and international customers. This position will concentrate on the fighter and trainer aircraft in the market. General knowledge and awareness of US DOD acquisition processes and the tactical jet or bomber operator community would be beneficial. Individual is responsible for business pursuit and capture, product development, transition to production, customer delivery and support, and transition out of production for a wide range of programs. Strong candidates should have a technical background in avionics products and systems, with experience leading and managing complex product or system developments. The position provides cross-functional leadership in coordinating activities across the Collins Aerospace team to include Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, and Service. Individual travel varies from program to program, but could include up to 25% of your time.
- Provide order capture and program execution expertise for a range of domestic and international systems integration programs on the Fighter Bomber and Trainer team
- Lead in the areas of planning, organization and coordination of all functional departments necessary to support upgrade pursuits and programs
- Provide support to the Business Development organization in ensuring pursuit activities are consistent with the overall business strategy
- Ensure adherence to program baselines and serve as the primary customer point of contact in communication of program status
- Maintain responsibility for schedule, performance, cost attainment, sales, and order forecasts, and present proposals, status reports and customer status to leadership
- Exercise technical acuity and an understanding of avionics equipment, production methods, development processes and support methodologies
- Demonstrate leadership skills across the organization and with customers to meet objectives and satisfy customer requirements
- Build strong and extensive working relationships internally and externally - external customer contacts are typically mid-level program management, engineering, maintenance and procurement agents
- Works closely with all those involved in LCVS to ensure that orders, sales, and profit are forecasted correctly and that goals are met and leads proposal preparation and bid activities for various product lines.
- Execution responsibilities include cost, schedule, technical performance, risk management, product support, manufacturing, and quality of all assigned product lines.
- Manage supplier relationships in coordination with Subcontracts Management, and manage obsolescence to ensure continued production of products.
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have ability to obtain an active US DoD Security Clearance
- Must be willing to travel (varies depending on program)
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience. in the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
- Established proficiency to identify and execute upon opportunities to work seamlessly with other functions, portfolios, and geographic locations.
- Proven leadership in strategic thought, appropriate analysis, well-prepared contributions, and sound, timely decision-making.
- Demonstrated embodiment of a positive, passionate sense of urgency and ownership and ability to instill it in teammates and co-workers.
- Exhibited capability to foster an environment which enables application of lean philosophy, novel thinking, and fresh ideas to business challenges resulting in creative and competitive solutions.
- Disciplined aptitude with baseline scope control, financial management, and earned value.
- Familiarity with Collins Aerospace Avionics Strategic Business Unit business and management practices, including the Management Authorization Process (RC-MAP), Integrated Performance Management (RC-IPM), and Technical Consistent Process (RC-TCP) is desired but not required.
- Execution experience with development and manufacturing programs.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
<div style="text-align: justify;">Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us. </div>